Monday, December 21, 2009

Testimonial: Cholesterol, Weight Management


After 6 months on the Paleo Diet, I'm teary eyed (and that doesn't happen often for an old Marine), I'm so thankful.

My cholesterol was at 250. Being a life-long fitness nut, everyone assumed my high cholesterol had to be genetic. After going on medication, it went down to 213, but I experienced joint pain as a side effect, so I stopped taking it. I went on the Paleo Diet and, with no medication, my cholesterol was at 184 after 3 months. Amazing!

Second, I've cut my inflammation medication regimen from daily doses to once every 3 days, and hope to eliminate that medication also.

Third, I lost the tire around my mid-section that I never had until my mid-40's, and I have more energy in the gym.

Finally, my wife lost 18 lbs and is actually a couple pounds below her college weight. She looks great!

We just rave to everyone about this diet. It will be a life-long change for us.

I can't thank you enough! God bless!


Mark
Wake Forest, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment